Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Everything But The Kitchen Sink

Confession time. I've made delicious treats and not shared. Cookies... really good cookies too. But I never posted them. One was the victim of pre-holiday schedule-flurry, the other was simply toyed with during a seemingly never-ending gray winter. I made a third type of cookie the other day and realized that all three of the cookies came from the same cookbook and I'd be a cotton-headed ninnymuggins if I didn't share them asap.  First up...
Exactly what you'd imagine them to be like. Full of anything and everything. I couldn't remember their name once and called them "kitchen sink cookies". It's apt. If you can think of it, it's in there. They don't look like much, but they taste fantastic and are a great way to use up any random dried fruits and nuts and such that you might have hanging around. They've got molasses and oats, nuts and fruits, chocolate and coconut too. If you love a cookie with lots of texture and flavor, as I do, this is it.


Notes: Recipe called for a half cup of molasses and I was a bit shy of that amount. Added a Tblsp of brown sugar to make up the difference. Used all butter instead of the solid veg. shortening (didn't have any). Used walnuts, apricots, prunes, shredded coconut (what was left in the bag), and regular chocolate chips. Used the small cookie scoop to portion the dough out, froze the cookie balls, then put them all in a freezer bag. They don't spread much when baked, especially the ones baked from frozen. If you want them flatter, let them thaw a little on the baking pan and then flatten them a bit with your hand or the bottom of a glass before baking.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

0 COMMENTS:

Post a Comment

Take a moment to say "Howdy!"... I'd love to hear from you!