Monday, August 3, 2009

Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies

I took a chance with a new chocolate chip cookie recipe. That in itself isn't news. What's different is that I doubled a new chocolate chip cookie recipe trusting that I wouldn't end up with dozens of clunkers (as opposed to dunkers). And I doubled a chocolate chip cookie recipe with the words "whole wheat" in the title.

You see, the last time I used whole wheat flour in a cookie recipe, it was because I didn't know any better and it was the only flour my Mom had on hand. Those cookies turned out horribly. That's why I was so curious about this recipe. And why I simply had to try it. I'm glad I did too. Of course these are made with white whole wheat flour (which wasn't available back when I was in Mom's kitchen).

I really only taste the whole wheat flour when the cookies were in their raw state, but don't get me wrong, it's not unpleasant. Nope, not at all. I made sure. When (and if) baked, they are buttery and wonderful and not the least bit healthy for you...
Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

0 COMMENTS:

Post a Comment

Take a moment to say "Howdy!"... I'd love to hear from you!