Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies
from Kim Boyce's cookbook: Good To The Grain (page 41)
Some things to know about these cookies:
- They have quite a different texture to them: fairly dense and almost sandy.
- They are very sturdy cookies. Nothing dainty or delicate about them.
- Perfect for dunking in milk. Or packing on a picnic. Or sending in a care package.
- If you love chocolate, go ahead and add more chocolate chips/chunks. Trust me.
- They keep well if stored in an airtight container.
- If you freeze the dough balls and bake them later, they won't spread out as much (resulting in a thicker cookie), and in my opinion, are not as good as the ones baked fresh.