or... can my cuter computer keep on keepin' on?
Let me explain a bit. I do still dig my groovy Blueberry iMac the most, but more and more my Fellow-Babies, it's getting to be like an LP in an MP3 world: you can still put a record on a turntable and listen to music, but it's usefulness is quaint and limited at best.
The latest dust that I've been left behind in is when my e-mail client/program announced recently that it no longer supported the web browser I use. And now, I find that I am unable to send e-mails or reply to them. Never mind all of the other stuff that I haven't been able to do on it for years, sending e-mail is a bottom-line basic task... but now when I attempt it, my 'puter just sits there... cutely.
Coming up with creative "work-arounds" to get things done on the computer has been practically a way of life for me. No surprise with an 11 year old computer. She's a hell of a trouper though. Solid and dependable, intuitive... and darn cute to boot.
Must all good things come to an end? Can I keep squeezing usefulness out of the old Mac-asaurus? Will I find a way to send e-mails and thus be able post photos onto this blog again? These are the questions keeping me up at night. Well, that and watching old iMac TV ads on YouTube. And getting all weepy.
In honor of that sweet little computer o' mine...here are a basket-full of blueberry treats to keep me going as I try to figure out how to keep her going...
- Browned Butter Blueberry Muffins from Joy The Baker
- Peach & Blueberry Sour Cream Cobbler
- Tiny Blueberry Star Pies In Jars from Babble via Creature Comforts
- Blueberry Overload Coffee Cake and Blueberry Crisp Tart at Serious Eats
- Blueberry and Apricot Crumble at The Kitchn
- Lemon Blueberry Pancakes from The Pioneer Woman
- Mango Blueberry Quinoa Salad with Lemon Basil Dressing from Veggie Belly
- Blueberry-Maple-Pecan Conserve from Serious Eats
- Lemon Cupcakes with Lemon-Blueberry Buttercream from My Baking Addiction
- And finally, a wine with "aromas of blueberry, cinnamon, and baking chocolate, all of which are echoed in the palate" via Good Wine Under $20 ...sigh.