cones don't really make a hearty enough breakfast for a hardworking man like mine. If they did, I'd certainly make them a lot more often. A couple of warm scones with butter and jam suits me just fine though, and if there's a pot of hot black tea nearby, well, all the better.
We don't usually have a big breakfast on Sundays, which makes it the perfect day for making scones. They're fast and easy, so I can throw them together right after church. And I do mean throw... one of the most important tips for successful scone-making is to handle the dough as little as possible.
These are next on my list of scrumptious scones to try...
- Ginger Scones from Epicurious ...'cause I'm still loving the ginger in these cookies I just made.
- Rachel Allen's Scones from the Good Food Channel ...it's metric, but there's a converter handy.
- Grapefruit Honey Yogurt Scones from Joy the Baker ...these just sound so breakfast-y.
- Brown Sugar and Date Scones from At Home And At Sea ...brown sugar and dates - yummmm.
- Maple Syrup Scones from 101 Cookbooks ...I love that these are cut into squares... no waste!