Thursday, October 18, 2012

Simply Cilantro Salad Dressing

One of the last things I did before my second cilantro plant bolted, was to make a simple dressing with it. A simply delicious dressing. If you are one of the many people that don't like cilantro, you probably won't find this tasty in the least. The rest of us, who do like cilantro... will love it.

Simply Cilantro Salad Dressing
Adapted from: simplefoodhealthylife

1/3 cup olive oil
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 Tbsp lemon juice
2 garlic cloves
1 Tbsp white vinegar
1 bunch/handful cilantro
1/2 tsp ground pepper
sea salt to taste

Mix everything but the salt together in a food processor. Taste the dressing, then start adding the salt, a 1/4 tsp at a time, tasting as you go. When you're happy with it, transfer the dressing to a bottle or jar and store in the fridge. It should keep at least a couple of weeks.

Notes: We've been using this on lots more than just salads... tacos, quesadillas, even omelets and baked potatoes. It's great for a bright little touch of flavor almost anywhere.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I get a salad at Trader Joe's with a cilantro dressing that I love. Now maybe I can replicate it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it Krissa! Anything that can replicate the TJ's experience is a worthy pursuit in my book. Let me know how it compares!

      Delete

Take a moment to say "Howdy!"... I'd love to hear from you!