Sun... Not too much. Just enough warmth to remind me that it's summer, but not so much that it makes me long for it to be over. If not for me, then for all our gorgeous green tomatoes just waiting to turn vibrant vitamin-packed shades of red, orange, and burgundy.
Sea... I want to go to the ocean. La Mer. I want to sit and stare at it, and listen to it, and breathe its air. Maybe I'll take a kite. Maybe I won't. I want to come home at the end of the day with that pleasant tiredness that I get just from spending the day near it.
Stone Fruit... Fresh, ripe, deeply scented. Perfumed, even. Fruit with pits. In season. Eaten out of hand. Baked, broiled, grilled. I want to over-indulge in stone-fruits. Eat them with every meal. Before they're gone for the year.*
Peaches & Nectarines
- Honey Roasted Peaches with Almond Praline and Mascarpone from What Katie Ate
- Peach and Thyme Polenta Tart at The Kitchn
- Peach-Rosemary Jam from Martha Stewart
- Nectarine Scones with Nutmeg Sugar from 5 Second Rule
- Six Sweet and Tempting Nectarine desserts at The Kitchn
- Rosewater Plum Compote at 101 Cookbooks
- Red Plum and Browned Butter Skillet Cobbler from Joy The Baker
- Eight desserts to make with juicy plums at The Kitchn
- Dutch Oven Cherry Clafouti from Alton Brown on FoodNetwork.com
- Sour Cherry Pie with Pistachio Crumble from the Sweet Melissa cookbook via Serious Eats
- Sour Cherry Jam from Honey & Jam
- Cherry Bounce at Gourmet Magazine
- Fresh Apricot Muffins from Food Blogga
- Simple Roasted Apricots with honey mascarpone at Joy The Baker
- Apricot Tea Cakes from Sabra Krock via Design*Sponge
- Lena Corwin's Fresh Fruit Cake via Design*Sponge
- Each Peach, Pear, Plum Flan (with Apricots) from Peace, Love, and Muesli
- Plum And Peach Crisp from 101 Cookbooks
* Maybe you are lucky enough to have your own trees. If not, maybe you're lucky enough to have a U-Pick Farm nearby.