I don't know about anyone else but my first thoughts run something like this: Butter... Movies... Caramel... Ballpark... Butter... Circus... Kettle... Zoo... Butter... (you get the idea).
Popped corn, though a fairly humble snack, seems to make everything a bit of a special event, even if it's just watching DVDs from the sofa in your jammies. Taking its specialness up a notch or two (or five or twenty) are these popcorn-based snacks that may just divert all your attention from whatever movie (or ballgame) you're watching...
- Maple Bacon Kettle Corn from Joy The Baker (and awesome popcorn maker)
- 8 Awesome Toppings for Popcorn ...some sweet, some savory, from the folks in The Kitchn
- Cajun Caramel Corn and Cran-Apple White Chocolate Popcorn over at Serious Eats... yowza!
- Herbed Buttermilk Popcorn at 101 Cookbooks sounds super tasty!
- How To Make Pöpcørn from the Swedish Chef... I think he's making popcorn shrimp, but in true Muppet style, it looks more like popcorn FOR shrimp. Either way, it's a party før süre!
Special Note: In the olden days, if you dialed POP-CORN on your phone you would get a recording of a nice lady telling you the exact time. It doesn't work anymore though.