Since we're adults now, I say heed what mom said, but stuff yourself with the appetizers anyway.... and then skip dinner! There've got to be some perks to growing
Still cleaning out the cobwebs in my bookmarks folder... here are a bunch of appetizers that sound, well, really appetizing (many of which would make a fine meal)...
Nuts & Olives...
- Cheddar Olives a classic/retro offering from The Kitchn
- Olive Penguins over at Serious Eats are only about the cutest thing I've ever seen
- Spicy, Sweet, and Simple Nuts over at The Kitchn... hey, that kind of describes me (not the spicy, but the rest of it)
- Parmesan Breadsticks from down under via What Katie Ate
- Spicy Cornmeal Crackers from So Good & Tasty blog
- Spicy Cornmeal Parmesan Crackers from Joy The Baker have a similar name but are in fact a totally different cracker
- Sea Salt and Poppy Seed Crackers are also from Joy The Baker
- Mrs. Lenkh's Cheese Sablés from Fine Cooking are like a savory cookie
- Five Little Nibbles with Puff Pastry from The Kitchn
- Bean Dip, Hummus, and more from Peace, Love, and Muesli (be sure to read the comments for more great ideas)
- Healthy Spinach and Artichoke Dip over at Serious Eats
Cheesy Meaty and More...
- Bacon Wrapped Smokies from Rara Bakes have that salty/sweet/bacon-y thing going for them... yum!
- Spinach Cheese Triangles are little philo packets of goodness at What Megan's Making
- Pizzadillas at Apartment Therapy's Ohdeedoh combine two of my favorite food groups
- Chicken Empanadas Olé indeed!(these look delicious) at the Short Stop blog
- A dozen super Tasty Appetizers from Tasty Kitchen via Pioneer Woman
- what is a party without Swedish meatballs? Well, it's no party at all... better whip up some of these Ikea Meatballs from one of my favorite sites (or just hire a Swedish Chef to do it for you!)