A simple apple cake or apple bread is, in my opinion, the perfect thing on an autumn day, whether it be warm, crisp or drizzly (that goes for the weather or the cake). Homey, comforting, and just plain delicious, these apple goodies are loaded with walnuts, raisins, and warm autumn spices. With a big slice of apple cake, a mug of hot tea, and a good book... you can just color me all kinds of contented.
- German Apple Cake at the Honey and Jam blog
- Sticky Spiked Double-Apple Cake with a Brown Sugar-Brandy Sauce at The Kitchn or, if you have the book: it's on page 441 of In the Sweet Kitchen by Regan Daley (2001).
- Apple Walnut Flaxseed Bread from Joy The Baker
- An Old-Fashioned Apple Spice Cake (with a brown sugar meringue top) from the Food 52 blog
- These Cheddar Apple Bars from Canadian Living sound healthy, delicious and perfect for a picnic or potluck.
- Like many of these recipes, this whole wheat flour Fresh Apple (or Pear) Cake from Grocery Shrink can be served for breakfast or dessert.