Sunday, January 31, 2010

"Ultimate" Chocolate Chip Cookies?

One of the reasons for starting this blog was to cut down on the number of random recipes floating around the house. The cookie recipe linked below is one of them. It's from the back of the 5 lb. package of Gold Medal all-purpose flour.

You see, I'm always always game to try a new chocolate chip cookie recipe. If I could only have one type of cookies for the rest of my life, I wouldn't mind as long as they were chocolate chip cookies. They are the perfect cookie. So, I love trying different recipes for them.

So, here is the Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe  It's cute how the names keep trying to one-up each other: The Best, The Best-Ever, Perfect, The Greatest, The Ultimate, and so on. Where will it end? Who knows. These were really pretty good... I'd even say, very good.

I still like my old standby recipe from pages 260-261 (practically stuck together) of the BHG Complete Step-By-Step Cook Book (1978). Cleverly titled "Chocolate Chip Cookies" (so you don't realize how perfectly best-ever ultimate they are).

And between you and me, it's kinda hard to beat the Toll-House recipe on the back of the chocolate chips package when you come right down to it.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

0 COMMENTS:

Post a Comment

Take a moment to say "Howdy!"... I'd love to hear from you!