y sister taught me a charming little poem when we were children*, which I will not repeat (oops, pun!). Unfortunately, it's been stuck in my head as I collected the following recipes. I apologize profusely. Terribly embarrassed and all that. If you don't know the poem, ask a kid (or a big kid). You won't read it here. I am grown up now and am above that type of humor. Really. Where was I... Oh yes... Beans are really good for you in lots of ways, and if you cook them up into something delicious, it's a win-win situation all around. And they're inexpensive too (win-win-win). Here are some raved about recipes and techniques to try...
- Kemp's Black Beans at Epicurious
- Cooking Dried Beans In The Slow Cooker at A Year Of Slow Cooking
- "The Best Baked Beans Ever" from The Pioneer Woman Cooks
- A dozen or so chili recipes from BH&G
- Indian Spiced Lentils With Chicken from A Year Of Slow Cooking
- Also from A Year Of Slow Cooking: Salsa Chicken & Black Bean Soup