e must be heading toward the autumn side of summer. I can always tell. Fall colors start to appear on certain shrubs and trees, the days get noticeably shorter, and Italian prune plums make their brief appearance at the market. Mom always made a certain plum cake when these little beauties were available. I haven't mastered her recipe yet, but I keep trying. Here are some other tempting recipes that feature these lovely little plums...
- Spiced Italian Prune Plum Crisp from Tastebook
- A lovely Prune Plum Tart from Joy Of Baking
- Start the day with a Plum Coffee Cake also from Joy Of Baking
- A Plum and Fig Flognarde over at The Kitchn
- Check out this Plum Candy at Married With Dinner
- Plum Cake "Tatin" from Ina Garten. Looks like a plum upside-down cake! Mmmm.