Monday, April 20, 2009

Spinach Rice Casserole

"An easy baked side dish of spinach, rice, and cheese" from cheaphealthygood...

My Notes: Used brown Basmati rice, as that's all we had on hand. Had maybe 15 oz. of spinach left from the big CostCo bag. Picked it over to remove slimy bits and forgot that it wasn't pre-washed. In my panic, I didn't have time to drag out the salad spinner, so there was a lot of water to be drained out before I could add it to the rest of the ingredients. All in all, it went together pretty fast. Noticed that recipe didn't call for black pepper; remedied that. Actually put it all together, stuck it in the fridge, and baked it the following day. Easy and tasty.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

0 COMMENTS:

Post a Comment

Take a moment to say "Howdy!"... I'd love to hear from you!