Sunday, April 19, 2009

Creamed Broccoli with Parmesan

Adapted from Gourmet Magazine by seriouseats.com

My Notes: Used half of a bag of CostCo ready-to-cook broccoli florets, 1/4 cup half-and-half, 3/4 cup whole milk (because that's what we had). Removed garlic cloves prior to adding cooked broccoli to sauce. Used stick blender. Doubled the amount of cheese, oh yeah. Added extra black pepper too. Tasted pretty good. Hubs thought there was too much nutmeg and suggested using half the amount next time. Oh yeah, I also inexplicably threw a small handful of orzo in with the broccoli as it was cooking. Yes, prior to subjecting the whole thing to the stick blender. Don't ask. Turned out o.k. actually; it just didn't look too appetizing (and I won't go into why).

My Notes (Nov/09): Made this for a pot luck. Lots less of the nutmeg. There was a ton of it and I was concerned that nobody but me would like it. Lots of people actually had seconds and there was only a small amount left over. Yea!
Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

0 COMMENTS:

Post a Comment

Take a moment to say "Howdy!"... I'd love to hear from you!