Monday, March 9, 2009

Chai Is Tea

I love chai. Steaming hot in winter or over ice in the summer, the spiciness of chai has such a transporting quality to it, it's quite unlike anything else. Just a few weeks ago, while waiting for our table at a local Indian restaurant, I noticed bags of homemade chai tea mix sitting by the cash register for sale. It's something that I never thought about making at home before. I would buy it at the grocery store ready to pour from a shelf-stable box, or at the coffee house chain or the coffee cart at work. But here was a dried mix. What was in it? A mixture of black tea and spices no doubt. I can do that. And as with everything else made at home, I am expecting this to taste even better than store bought. I can't wait to order the spices and give it a try.

Here are some chai recipes from chai-tea.org to start with. Some are quick and easy, some more authentic.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

0 COMMENTS:

Post a Comment

Take a moment to say "Howdy!"... I'd love to hear from you!